We are now accepting proposals for the Circus Shorts event which will be part of Circus City Festival on the 27th of October 2017
Circus City is teaming up with Circomedia and Trinity Centre to present 3 short pieces of circus theatre from individuals/companies.
As a leading circus festival in the UK, Circus City is committed to supporting and showcasing the next generation of circus performers and companies. Circus Shorts will provide a platform for ground floor acts of no more than 15 – 20 minutes. This can either be; an extract from a full length piece, a self contained 15 – 20 minute piece.
The audience will be public, with invites extended to industry professionals.
Support in kind we can offer:
– A platform to present at Circus Shorts on Friday 27th October at Trinity Centre, Bristol.
– A 3 days residency at Circomedia for rehearsals/R&D new work which the artist/s would like to develop. This can be a new piece and ideally not same piece which is being presented within the Circus Shorts programme, but to use as a way of developing something new.
– Feedback from Co-Directors Lina B. Frank / Kate Hartoch and Nicolas Young Artistic and Managing Director of Circomedia.
– Cash support: £250 performing fees
Please submit a short proposal (max 800 words) which includes a description of the piece you would like to present and information on what you would use the residency for.
Along with your proposal please include:
– Company or Artist history/CV (previous shows, touring history if applicable)
– Technical Specifications for the piece. It needs to be a ground floor piece.
– Link to an online video of the piece or work-in-progress of the piece you would like to present
– Any other online links; website, blog etc…
The deadline for applications is: 10am on Monday 18th September. Selected applicants will be notified by: Tuesday 26th September.
Please note to be considered you must be available for the entire day on the 27th of October.
Please email all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity Centre, Trinity Road, Bristol BS2 0NW
For questions please contact:
Marie Faucher – email@example.com